Thank you to Derek Veenhof for inviting me over to his podcast, The Deekast, for a conversation about myth, stars, celestial cycles, and Halloween!
This interview was recorded on October 29th, 2016.
Here is a link to the Soundcloud Player where you can listen to that interview, which is also embedded above.
During our conversation, we touched on a variety of important subjects. Below are some links to previously-published blog posts discussing some of these subjects, for those interested in reading more:
- The earth-sun model using the "dining-room table" analogy.
- Some discussion of "The Samson Myth -- it's all about YOU" (and scroll down to the end of that post for a link to a video showing more about that story in a visual fashion).
- The relationship of that Old Testament story to other Star Myths from around the world, including those of Hephaestus and King Midas from ancient Greece, as well as the Old Testament story of Balaam.
- The importance of music, rhythm, and chanting (many previous posts -- see for instance here, here and here).
- The system of celestial metaphor and how it employs the solstices, equinoxes, and zodiac signs.
- And, of course, the upcoming passage of earth through the important points on its orbit which we call All Hallow's Eve and (the next day) All Souls Day.
I hope you will enjoy our conversation, and wish Derek all the best with his new podcast! (This only was episode #12 for his show -- a significant number!)