Much gratitude and appreciation to DJ John Gibbons and the team at Alchemy for having me over for a most enjoyable conversation.
Here is the link you can follow in order to listen online, download the file for listening on a mobile device, share the podcast with others directly or through various social media platforms, subscribe to the Alchemy podcasts, and post any feedback from the show.
You may also wish to consider supporting the show using links available on the main Alchemy page -- I definitely believe that supporting independent media such as your favorite podcasters is a very valuable endeavor, enabling independent voices to bring conversations such as this one to you and to others.
I think you'll agree that John's insightful questions and familiarity with the subject led to some valuable directions and brought out some new perspectives and exchanges during our talk.
Of course, the fact that he is an accomplished and well-known musician means that we perhaps should not be surprised at his ability to "resonate" with these profound concepts!
I hope you enjoy the show!
---- ---- ----
Below are some handy links to a few of the many subjects we touched upon during the course of our conversation:
- Index of Star Myths that I've previously analyzed on this blog, and their probable celestial correspondences.
- Constellation outlines of H. A. Rey and why they are so helpful (and important).
- The esoteric teaching methods of Mr. Miyagi in the original Karate Kid movie.
- The Bhagavad Gita, its celestial foundations, and some aspects of the profound insights it offers into our human condition in this incarnate life.
- The goddess Durga and her important message for each of us (see also here).
- The metaphor of Thomas in the New Testament and in the Gnostic texts (see discussions here, here and here).
- Why divinities can appear in an instant: the inner connection to the Infinite.
- The helpful metaphor from Dr. Darrah Westrup regarding the "unhelpful (sometimes-helpful) office assistant."
- The special wisdom available in the Lord of the Rings (I realized afterwards that I probably "conflated" two different scenes from the movies when mentioning it in this interview, meaning that I kind of blended two scenes into one by accident -- one in which Gandalf comforts Frodo in the Mines of Moria, and one in which Gandalf comforts Pippin on the walls of Gondor before the battle).
- The profound message offered by Dr. Peter Kingsley and his book, In the Dark Places of Wisdom.
- The insights into the meaning of myth offered by Plato through Socrates in the Phaedrus.